- As we grow older and wiser, we begin to realize what we need and what we need to leave behind. Sometimes walking away is a step forward.
- You will never achieve what you are capable of if you’re too attached to things you’re supposed to let go of.
- Sometimes there are things in our lives that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes the changes we don’t want are the changes we need to grow.
- Growth and change may be painful sometimes, but nothing in life is as painful as staying stuck where you don’t belong.
- The hardest part about growing is letting go of what you were used to, and moving on with something you’re not.
- Accept what is, let go of what was and have faith in what could be.
- Don’t be afraid of change. Change happens for a reason. Roll with it. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.
- It’s usually quite hard to let go and move on, but once you do, you’ll feel free and realize it was the best decision you’ve ever made.
- Never let your fear decide your future.
- Fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in your mind. It’s difficult to follow your heart, but it’s a tragedy to let the lies of fear stop you.
- You can’t always wait for the perfect moment. Sometimes you must let go and dare to do it because life is too short to wonder what could have been.
- You’re not the same person you were a year ago, a month ago, or a week ago. You’re always growing. Experiences don’t stop. That’s life.
- One of the most rewarding moments in life is when you finally find the courage to let go of what you can’t change.
- Never force anything. Give it your best shot, and then let it be. If it’s meant to be, it will be. Don’t hold yourself down with things you can’t control.
- When you stop expecting people and situations to be perfect, you can start to appreciate them for who and what they are.
- Live simply. Love generously. Speak truthfully. Breathe deeply. Do your best. Leave everything else to the powers above you.
- Giving up and moving on are two very different things.
- Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.
- Giving up doesn’t always mean you’re weak; sometimes it simply means you are strong enough and smart enough to let go and grow.
- Stop focusing on how stressed you are and remember how blessed you are. It could be so much worse.
1. Not everyone is going to be your best friend.
2. Avoid gossiping with these ^^ people.
3. There is no limit to whom you can be friends/friendly with.
4. Because of this you will find yourself being close with a lot of different “groups.”
5. Remember, not everyone has your best interest at heart.
6. Not everyone cares if you’re happy…or miserable for that matter.
7. People will burn you; it’s all about how you handle the metaphorical “application of aloe” afterwards.
8. People change; that person you knew freshman year has changed and gone through things, just like you have.
9. Embrace freshman year, be annoying, be loud, and make friends.
10. Put. Yourself. Out. There.
11. When you get hungry in the “wee” hours of the morning, order the pizza.
12. E-v-e-r-y-o-n-e has that crazy roommate.
13. Own it. Whatever it is that makes you you, OWN IT. *cue Drake song*
14. Fall in love with the boy.
15. Be more concerned with your own happiness than others’ opinions of you.
16. Enjoy living in Freshman/Communal Housing.
17. Be silly.
18. Learn how to cook….even if it is just grilled cheese and Ramen.
19. Lose the daily sweatpants/yoga pants outfit. Dress up and notice how much better you feel about yourself. People will notice your new glow.
20. Don’t wish away your downtime.
1. “I’m not good enough yet.”
You might think you’re not good enough, but you’ll surprise yourself if you keep trying. Your past does not determine who you are. Your past prepares you for who you are capable of becoming. What ultimately defines you is how well you rise after falling. Don’t ever be afraid to give yourself a chance to be everything you are capable of being. Forget the haters. Never undervalue who you are and what you’re capable of. Excellence is the result of loving more than others think is necessary, dreaming more than others think is practical, risking more than others think is safe, and doing more than others think is possible.
2. “I should be living up to other people’s expectations.”
Remember, it’s always better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than the top of the one you don’t. Happiness and success is all about spending your life in your own way. Always be yourself and walk your own path. No one can ever tell you you’re doing it wrong. Everyone has their own dreams, their own struggles, and a different path that makes sense for them. You are YOU for a reason.
If you end up living a boring, miserable life because you ignored yourself and instead listened to a parent, a teacher, or some gal on TV telling you how to live your life, then you have no one but yourself to blame. Just remember, the smartest and most courageous act is simply to think for yourself and listen to you own intuition. In the end, it’s better to die your way, than live someone else’s idea of your life.
3. “What they think and say about me matters.”
What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
Don’t let others crush your dreams. Do just once what they say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their negativity again. Don’t walk away from these negative people… RUN! Good things happen when you distance yourself from negativity and those who create it.
Truth be told, no one has the right to judge you. People may have heard your stories, but they can’t feel what you are going through; they aren’t living YOUR life. So forget what they say about you. Focus on how you feel about yourself, and do what you know in your heart is right.Via 24/7 Bebenta Sa'yo
1) “Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.”
― Alphonse Karr, A Tour Round My Garden
Kind of like seeing the glass half-full. Focus on the positive. Focus on the beauty instead. There’s simply no point focusing on the negative aspect of everything and feel down about it. There is beauty in a lot of things, even yourself.
2) “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.”
― Stephen King, On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Despite what’s going on in your head, you’re absolutely capable of doing anything. You can because you are. You should because life is short. Don’t let a bunch of less-than-perfect thoughts hold you back.
3) “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings and emotions” – Will Smith
More often than not, negative thoughts come from your surroundings i.e. the people you’re with. And unfortunately, we let the negative people get to us. Don’t. These people don’t matter. So why let them make you feel less than great?
4) “Always think extra hard before crossing over to a bad side, if you were weak enough to cross over, you may not be strong enough to cross back!”
― Victoria Addino
I personally think that all of us are repressed on a certain level. We think of revenge, serving justice on our wrongdoers or just not wanting to care. But we hold back because we don’t want to get in trouble. This is an ironic cycle as we keep asking, “What if?”. Nah. We should stop thinking about this altogether and just try to be happy. As the quote states, we may be too weak to cross back, and that’s how regret is made.
5) “If you are positive, you’ll see opportunities instead of obstacles.”
― Widad Akrawi
Everything has a piece of goodness in them, even if it’s hard to see it. I say, just open your eyes and see it then. Life isn’t perfect, so you might as well start reaping the goodness than keep complaining about it.
1. Let go of old wounds through forgiveness.
Every moment of your life you are either growing or dying – and when you are physically healthy, it’s a choice, not fate. The art of maintaining happiness in your life and relationships relies on the fine balancing act of holding on and letting go. Yes, sometimes people you trust (including yourself) will hurt you. Being hurt is something you can’t avoid, but being continuously miserable is always a choice. Forgiveness is the remedy. You have to let go of what’s behind you before you can grasp the goodness in front of you.
2. Come clean when you make a mistake.
An honest heart is the beginning of everything that is right with this world. The most honorable people of all are not those who never make mistakes, but those who admit to them when they do, and then go on and do their best to right the wrongs they’ve made. In the end, being honest might not always win you a lot of friends and lovers, but it will always keep the right ones in your life.
3. Stop gossiping and start communicating.
A good rule of thumb: If you can’t say it to their face, you shouldn’t say it behind their back. As Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people.” Life is much too short to waste talking about people, gossiping, and stirring up trouble that has no substance. If you don’t know, ask. If you don’t agree, say so. If you don’t like it, speak up. But never judge people behind their back.
4. Give others the space to make their own decisions.
Stop judging others by your own past. Never act, judge, or treat people like you know them better than they know themselves. They are living a different life than you are. What might be good for one person may not be good for another. What might be bad for one person might change another person’s life for the better. Allow the people in your life to make their own mistakes and their own decisions.Via 24/7 Bebenta Sa'yo