There once was a young boy with a very bad temper. The boy’s father wanted to teach him a lesson, so he gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper he must hammer a nail into their wooden fence.
On the first day of this lesson, the little boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. He was really mad!
Over the course of the next few weeks, the little boy began to control his temper, so the number of nails that were hammered into the fence dramatically decreased.
It wasn’t long before the little boy discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
Then, the day finally came when the little boy didn’t lose his temper even once, and he became so proud of himself, he couldn’t wait to tell his father.
Pleased, his father suggested that he now pull out one nail for each day that he could hold his temper.
Several weeks went by and the day finally came when the young boy was able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.
Very gently, the father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence.
"You have done very well, my son," he smiled, "but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same."
The little boy listened carefully as his father continued to speak.
"When you say things in anger, they leave permanent scars just like these. And no matter how many times you say you’re sorry, the wounds will still be there."
- thestreethippie likes this
- qu33n-ott3r reblogged this from steamycumberbuns
- glochma reblogged this from mrakgatiss
- tripsixbits likes this
- steamycumberbuns reblogged this from raven-azerath
- applejuicepretzels likes this
- panic-at-the-disco-i-smile reblogged this from raven-azerath
- annieokey likes this
- nojudgeypants likes this
- raven-azerath reblogged this from iamsuperpotterwholocked
- utmost-groovy reblogged this from thiscat-maybedead
- ijustreallylovetroyler likes this
- buoyantly-inconsolable reblogged this from buoyantly-inconsolable
- trickster-in-tv-land reblogged this from doctor-tardis-life
- trickster-in-tv-land likes this
- hayley-and-elijah likes this
- shadfan18 reblogged this from mrakgatiss
- geeaem likes this
- tardisangelwithashotgun reblogged this from iamsuperpotterwholocked
- tardisangelwithashotgun likes this
- red-stripe-thecrazed likes this
- imannelise likes this
- nerdybookishblonde reblogged this from conaturoptimeunomomentotemporis
- conaturoptimeunomomentotemporis reblogged this from nerdybookishblonde
- conaturoptimeunomomentotemporis likes this
- mpalka likes this
- nicolenasche1450 reblogged this from erikakilgannon
- lonely-angel-for-sherlock reblogged this from mrakgatiss
- lonely-angel-for-sherlock likes this
- fateemarizvii reblogged this from daaayuuh and added:
- dwindlecandel likes this
- tkdhurricane reblogged this from mrakgatiss
- alifromnm reblogged this from selimrefitrom
- puhjay reblogged this from gengar-kun
- puhjay likes this
- its-all-for-the-memoriess likes this
- jasaraujox reblogged this from selimrefitrom
- orangezippers reblogged this from iamsuperpotterwholocked
- orangezippers likes this
- infinitylovex0 likes this
- j2m-ismychemicalromance reblogged this from deans-impala-baby
- themysteriesoftruth likes this
- johnlock-makes-me-unstable likes this
- snow-coveredpolariods reblogged this from iamsuperpotterwholocked
- grey-thesaddestofcolors likes this
- marissasparadise reblogged this from fearlesshearts
- itoldyouapplesarerubbish likes this
- daamaaged likes this
- ciara-the-eevee reblogged this from dontletthenarglessneakuponyou