There once was a young boy with a very bad temper. The boy’s father wanted to teach him a lesson, so he gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper he must hammer a nail into their wooden fence.
On the first day of this lesson, the little boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. He was really mad!
Over the course of the next few weeks, the little boy began to control his temper, so the number of nails that were hammered into the fence dramatically decreased.
It wasn’t long before the little boy discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.
Then, the day finally came when the little boy didn’t lose his temper even once, and he became so proud of himself, he couldn’t wait to tell his father.
Pleased, his father suggested that he now pull out one nail for each day that he could hold his temper.
Several weeks went by and the day finally came when the young boy was able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.
Very gently, the father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence.
"You have done very well, my son," he smiled, "but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same."
The little boy listened carefully as his father continued to speak.
"When you say things in anger, they leave permanent scars just like these. And no matter how many times you say you’re sorry, the wounds will still be there."
- baconlovinlesbian reblogged this from kissmyblahh
- sleeplessnightsandcoffeecups reblogged this from kissmyblahh
- kissmyblahh reblogged this from dinasoursrhappy
- kissmyblahh likes this
- gabriellle-rose reblogged this from n3v3r-l00k-back
- n3v3r-l00k-back reblogged this from poisonedadolescence
- futuresilog reblogged this from happychomp
- chikaboum11 reblogged this from daramjii
- kolkolkol-da likes this
- spanishsilver likes this
- dissssolve-me reblogged this from downwithdiaz
- adamwisethegreat reblogged this from mollywobbles11
- a-lonee likes this
- stay-serene-erlene reblogged this from wumboo
- stay-serene-erlene likes this
- donthurtdarling likes this
- helixtwin likes this
- theimperialwallflower reblogged this from desiuyjhdfrtfgr
- askthehms reblogged this from tallsadandgay
- staringinto-the-deepblue reblogged this from i-am-funnier-in-enochian
- neilpatrickgay likes this
- tardis-in-the-impala reblogged this from filikilimerrypippin
- alygoround likes this
- evilashley359 likes this
- ptx-potter reblogged this from carry-one-tater-tot
- filikilimerrypippin reblogged this from dementedwhovian
- carry-one-tater-tot reblogged this from fallingforbananas
- cruller-doughnuts-please reblogged this from theghostly
- cruller-doughnuts-please likes this
- draguer-moi likes this
- shay-ko reblogged this from theghostly
- dementedwhovian reblogged this from fallingforbananas
- theghostly reblogged this from s0ullessandcha0tic
- fallingforbananas reblogged this from i-am-funnier-in-enochian
- fuckedupbabypanda reblogged this from every-heart-has-a-story
- fuckedupbabypanda likes this
- together-atlast reblogged this from every-heart-has-a-story
- shinydalek likes this
- yourstrulyred likes this
- officialplaid reblogged this from beben-eleben
- imaloserbutimnotwhatiappeartobe likes this
- madlyhazel reblogged this from decidu0us
- 2am-secrets likes this
- coruscatedskies likes this
- themanwiththeboxisking reblogged this from mishaismyking
- rawbloom likes this
- triste-joie-de-vivre likes this
- every-heart-has-a-story reblogged this from decidu0us
- saturdaymorningparty reblogged this from i-am-funnier-in-enochian