An economics professor at a local college made a statement that he had never failed a single student before, but had recently failed an entire class. That class had insisted that Obama’s socialism worked and that no one would be poor and no one would be rich, a great equalizer.
The professor then said, “OK, we will have an experiment in this class on Obama’s plan”.. All grades will be averaged and everyone will receive the same grade so no one will fail and no one will receive an A…. (substituting grades for dollars - something closer to home and more readily understood by all).
After the first test, the grades were averaged and everyone got a B. The students who studied hard were upset and the students who studied little were happy. As the second test rolled around, the students who studied little had studied even less and the ones who studied hard decided they wanted a free ride too so they studied little.
The second test average was a D! No one was happy. When the 3rd test rolled around, the average was an F.
As the tests proceeded, the scores never increased as bickering, blame and name-calling all resulted in hard feelings and no one would study for the benefit of anyone else.
To their great surprise, ALL FAILED and the professor told them that socialism would also ultimately fail because when the reward is great, the effort to succeed is great, but when government takes all the reward away, no one will try or want to succeed. Could not be any simpler than that. (Please pass this on) These are possibly the 5 best sentences you’ll ever read and all applicable to this experiment:
- You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.
- What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
- The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
- You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!
- When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.
(via Steve Forbes)
- rodneyism likes this
- chaaaarmaineder likes this
- understandasmuchaswecanforlove reblogged this from hakuniii
- moveslikeidunno likes this
- wander-lust-life reblogged this from countingsouls
- digitallyclipped reblogged this from beben-eleben
- weirdchingu reblogged this from endlesslaugh
- endlesslaugh reblogged this from beben-eleben
- jiou reblogged this from beben-eleben
- bird-of-the-summer likes this
- shutup-and-look likes this
- shutup-and-look reblogged this from superxeny
- superxeny reblogged this from beben-eleben
- hikkichanred reblogged this from beben-eleben
- hikkichanred likes this
- aimaimaim likes this
- miyajam reblogged this from beben-eleben
- miyajam likes this
- hanzelatgretel likes this
- balintuna likes this
- najjy reblogged this from beben-eleben
- len-chaan likes this
- folieaju reblogged this from beben-eleben
- maicareynoso likes this
- rodneyism reblogged this from beben-eleben
- heypetdragon reblogged this from beben-eleben
- heypetdragon likes this
- yeldoodledoo likes this
- vivre-aimre-rire reblogged this from beben-eleben
- boybata reblogged this from beben-eleben
- iraizahoshi reblogged this from beben-eleben
- biubiux likes this
- sherieevee likes this
- irockyoubiatch likes this
- dieuvivres reblogged this from sugarfreepringles
- lemondropconspiiracy likes this
- littlebltch reblogged this from sugarfreepringles
- littlebltch likes this
- parleena likes this
- hakuniii reblogged this from beben-eleben
- ronniewonnie likes this
- jamespluscoffee likes this
- sugarforyourlips reblogged this from beben-eleben
- maryposaaaa likes this
- frogadier reblogged this from beben-eleben
- frogadier likes this
- vive-lebella reblogged this from beben-eleben
- blooming-star likes this
- hourlybird likes this
- kj-ako reblogged this from pesopincherr