Milk really does do a body good, according to research published by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. The 2010 study found that adults who drank about 12 ounces of milk (or 580 mg of calcium) for at least six months lost about 12 pounds at the end of two years, whereas people who consumed only 150 mg of dairy calcium dropped just 7 pounds. (Search: Health benefits of calcium) Researchers suspect that vitamin D and calcium are what make milk slimming.
Watermelon contains an amino acid called arginine, which may boost weight loss, according to a 2011 study in the Journal of Nutrition. The scientists found that mice that consumed foods rich in arginine for three months lowered their body fat gains by 64 per cent. Watermelon’s high water content may also help you feel full for longer, says Ruth Frechman, RD, author of The Food is My Friend Diet.
Scramble some eggs in the morning, and you could be looking at a smaller pants size over time. People who started their day with eggs felt fuller for longer afterward, according to research conducted at Louisiana State University.
4. Green Tea
Torch calories by sipping this zero-calorie beverage. In a Penn State University study, obese mice that were fed EGCG, a compound found in green tea, along with a high-fat diet gained weight more slowly than mice that did not receive the green tea supplement.
5. Greek Yogurt
It wouldn’t be a superfood list without Greek yogurt. This nutritional powerhouse comes loaded with satiating protein, as well as fat-fighting calcium. “It’s a tasty, but really healthy way of getting calories because it’s packed with protein, Frechman says. “You’re getting more bang for your buck compared to regular yogurts.” Just be sure to choose a plain, low-fat variety.
6. Air-Popped Popcorn
Snacking can be the death of a weight loss plan, unless you opt for this crunchy and satisfying treat. You can indulge in three whole cups for under 100 calories, while squeezing in a healthy dose of fibre, which will help you feel full. Popcorn also contains a high concentration of health-enhancing antioxidants, according to a University of Scranton Study.
If you want to walk away from a meal feeling satisfied, load your plate with lentils. A cup carries an eye-popping 16 g of fibre and 18 g of protein.
Good old H2O has zero calories, and drinking lots of it may help curb your appetite. In one American Chemical Society study, dieters who guzzled two cups of H2O three times a day before meals over 12 weeks dropped 5 pounds more than subjects who didn’t increase their water intake.
One cup of raspberries packs 8 g of fibre for just 65 calories. “They’re a great nutritional bargain,” Moore says. They’re also perfect for sweetening oatmeal, yogurt, or water naturally.
10. Black beans
A cup of black beans contains a belly-filling 15 g of protein and 15 g of fibre (about half of your daily fibre needs). “Fibre plus protein spells satisfaction,” Moore says.
Soybean pods give you 5 g of fibre and 10 g of protein per cup—and only 120 calories. “The protein and fibre in edamame keeps you feeling full, and since they’re in pods, it slows down eating, Moore says. “You’ll fill up before you go for something else.”
Like edamame, you have to shell pistachios before you eat them, which keeps you from speeding through your snack and overdoing it. Plus, a UCLA study found that dieters who ate 240 calories worth of pistachios every afternoon over 12 weeks were more likely to reach their weight loss goals than those who munched on 220 calories of unsalted pretzels.
The fruit’s 5 g of fibre should keep your stomach from rumbling, and pears—as well as apples and other white-fleshed fruits—may reduce your risk of having a stroke, Moore says.
Java-lovers, rejoice—your morning cup of joe may jolt your metabolism. Drinking two cups of black, caffeinated coffee can boost your metabolism by up to 16 per cent, according to a study published in the journal Physiology & Behavior.
These ruby reds posses an antioxidant called anthocyanins that may reduce belly fat, according to research from the University of Michigan. Bonus: Cherries fight inflammation, may prevent post-exercise muscles soreness, and ease arthritis-related pain.
Blueberries contain more antioxidants than any other fruit, and research also shows that, like cherries, they possess fat-cell fighting antioxidants. Fill up on these little guys and you could also be looking at a healthier heart and a reduced risk for type 2 diabetes.
19. Salmon This superstar seafood is jam-packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which may boost your body’s metabolism and help you burn more fat. Of course, these friendly fats may also improve your heart health, reduce depression, and prevent arthritis.
Loaded with protein and fibre (8g and 5g per cup, respectively), this South American grain will quiet your hunger. It’s also relatively low in carbs, which makes it a blood-sugar-friendly food.
- harajukubarbiebitxh likes this
- melovegrizzlyhugs likes this
- theanxiouscat likes this
- intersecciones likes this
- theimaginaryflower likes this
- diet-plan-to-lose-weight likes this
- gone-are-the-daaayyysss reblogged this from beben-eleben
- sadista likes this
- yeppeodae reblogged this from beben-eleben
- richnesssss reblogged this from beben-eleben
- rodneyism reblogged this from beben-eleben
- hergemsandrocks likes this
- asdfghjkliloveroman likes this
- yznclblmrs likes this
- makeithappenagain likes this
- polarbearindisguise reblogged this from beben-eleben
- consaii likes this
- heyporschepepper reblogged this from beben-eleben
- intomidnight reblogged this from beben-eleben
- ycanyarag likes this
- beautyfooldisaster likes this
- catharsisnikate likes this
- concpcn likes this
- teachmehowtokendeng likes this
- anjiluz likes this
- cozbabywereinfinite reblogged this from beben-eleben
- stillmeonlybetter likes this
- laralumbres likes this
- pikanette likes this
- diasaccharide likes this
- iyahmipanga likes this
- s3villa likes this
- kimberlyyvelasco likes this
- possypuff reblogged this from beben-eleben
- happyjooo likes this
- ako-elo likes this
- shangulet likes this
- alaskajaneyoung likes this
- kgeleven reblogged this from beben-eleben
- imyourheavenonearth reblogged this from beben-eleben
- iammagnusvane reblogged this from beben-eleben
- neilikha likes this
- leahlei likes this
- icchan-dayo likes this
- aamielledee likes this
- aamielledee reblogged this from beben-eleben
- ronniewonnie likes this
- hotpinkpalaka likes this
- bahalanasibarbie reblogged this from beben-eleben
- twentyfourbaby reblogged this from beben-eleben